Website Bethany Baptist Church
Minister of Music and Praise Job Description
The Minister of Music and Praise is a man that exhibits the qualities of an elder and who partners closely with the Senior Pastor and other pastoral staff in shepherding the flock toward a lifestyle of worship. He will guide the church as a whole to understand the depth and meaning of biblical worship in all its forms and have a particular focus on the various music ministries of the church. He will facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified by providing direction, oversight, and coordination of musical, artistic, and technical elements of worship services.
- Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ and be aligned and enthusiastically supportive of the vision and mission of Bethany.
- Be a person of high moral character, who seeks personal growth and discipleship for themselves as well as helping others grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, eager to share the joy of the Lord
- Have the characteristics of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading worship and music ministries.
- Be a member or be willing to actively pursue becoming a member of Bethany Baptist Church.
- Be a team player that builds up and encourages others and helps increase their joy in ministry.
- Have attested musical skills and competency in composing, arranging, coordinating, and conducting music in worship.
- Have demonstrated advanced instrumental and vocal skills with the ability to lead and develop musical skills and leadership in others.
- Have abilities and interests across a wide range of musical styles and genres, including Christian classics (hymns) and contemporary music.
- Have experience with technical aspects of production, i.e., sound boards, theater lighting, video editing, etc.
Areas of Responsibility
- Development, administration, and leadership of worship and music ministries, including developing and managing an annual budget.
- Lead the planning, coordination, and execution of corporate worship services.
- Lead and conduct individuals and musical groups as required.
- Shepherding leadership of the Praise and Music Ministry Team, and various musical groups (choir, orchestra, praise teams, etc.).
- Assess, coach, and provide counsel on opportunities to enhance music and praise quality (instrumentation, vocal, sound, stage presence, congregational engagement, etc.).
- Encourage the development of spiritual, musical, artistic, and technical gifts in others.
- Ensure the theological and doctrinal soundness of music used by previewing the selection and purchase of all music including reviewing music in the current library.
- Assess music selected for church use based on quality, skill level of musicians available, and cultural fit.
- Recruit, train, equip, and encourage lay leaders and volunteers to lead and/or assist in the music ministry.
- Administer leadership and development of the AVL (Audio, Video, Lighting) ministry.
- Coordinate and communicate scheduling of activities and the related use of facilities as needed to minimize conflicts with other groups or events.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Elders and Senior Pastor.
Worship Style: Blended Contemporary & Traditional
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description
Pay to Relocate?: TBD
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org