Website Calvary Bible Church
- Has the ability (gifts) to lead God’s people in worship.
- Has a passion for leading worship.
- Has a consistent walk with the Lord.
- Plays and leads with at least one instrument well (guitar or piano).
- Has the ability to lead worship with or without a team of musicians.
- Has the ability to organize, instruct and prepare worship teams.
- Is sensitive to the needs of the congregation.
- Is a team player – able to work with staff
- Able to lead both contemporary and blended styles of worship.
- Knowledge of sound equipment and appropriate application for worship services, preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office, Google Docs, and projection software.
The Worship Leader teaches the congregation how to worship the Lord and leads them in public worship through music, prayer, and Scripture reading. The Worship/Music Leader works under the direction of the Senior Pastor and is expected to work 20 hours per week.
The responsibilities include:
- Plan the worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Lead the congregation in worship on Sunday and other public services.
- Organize and prepare chord charts, music, lyrics and audio files for teams to play and lead music for appropriate worship services.
- Choose appropriate music for Sunday and Special Services.
- Prepare and insure song lyrics, sermon slides, and media is loaded in projection computer for appropriate services.
- Encourage other musicians to develop their skills.
- Prepare others to lead worship in his/her absence.
- Coordinate with sound technicians for rehearsals and Sunday worship.
- Train other sound and media technicians as needed.
- Participate in personal ministry training and development (The church will pay for certain approved ministry training.).
Denomination: Evangelical Free Church
Worship Style: Contemporary mainly while mixing some traditional songs from the past
Education Required: Minimum requirement – High School Graduate
Experience Required: Experience preferred but not required
Salary: Competitive Part-time wages, dependent on experience
Pay to Relocate?: Negotiable
Job Status: Available Now
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org