Website Cornerstone Church
Worship Director Position Description
Cornerstone United Methodist Church – 7600 Princeton Glendale Rd. Liberty Township, OH 45011 www.cornerstonechurch.org
Cornerstone United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced, energetic candidate to fill this full-time position as Worship Director. The right candidate will work directly with the Lead Pastor and Worship Design Team to create innovative and transformational worship experiences, disciple and develop teams of servant leaders and point people to Jesus through environments of worship and church engagement.
The Mission of Cornerstone United Methodist Church is Changing lives by leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Design Team to develop powerful, transformative and creative worship experiences.
• Identify, train, deploy and support unpaid servant teams: Media, sound, lights, video, worship hosts, stage design, etc.
• Grow, develop and support all of the worship servant teams through recruiting and training both inside and outside the church.
• Be the spiritual leader of the Worship Team making sure that every interaction is an opportunity for discipleship.
• Provide oversight and accountability to the worship budget.
• Oversee the worship presence on the website via a web team – video editing and posting, live-streaming, social media, etc.
• Work with the Lead Pastor and church staff to develop special worship experiences and use of the Worship Center space and equipment outside of the regular Sunday experiences.
•Work with the Student Ministry team to develop the “next generation” of worship leaders.
•Other duties as required.
Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
Models standards and expectations of staff members within Cornerstone United
Methodist Church including worship attendance at Cornerstone Church, Small Group
participation, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
Bachelor’s Degree in music or related experience preferred.
Ability to read music, understand music theory and lead and teach others.
Minimum of 3 years of deep and committed faith in Jesus Christ and service in a local
Staff or Servant leadership positions in a church, religious organization or non-profit
including supervision of paid and unpaid staff. ? 1-3 years of worship leadership
Experience in managing a budget and creatively funding ministry.
Proven track record of system and team building.
Natural leader and heart for discipleship ? Musically gifted and able to teach others
Strong organizational and communications skills
Tracking, charting, lighting and sound production
Programs like: Ableton, ProPresenter, Planning Center, Adobe creative suite.
Live-streaming, web and social media presence.
Build systems and processes to accomplish stated goals.
Identify, equip, deploy and support teams of unpaid servants.
Denomination: United Methodist
Worship Style: Contemporary
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Required: 2-5 years
Pay to Relocate?: Open
Job Status: Available Now
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org