Creekwood United Methodist Church, Allen, Texas
Director of Communications and Media
Creekwood United Methodist Church seeks an energetic, spiritually-grounded individual to connect the contemporary congregations to Christ through music and worship.
About Creekwood UMC
We are a growing 1,000-member congregation in the North Dallas suburbs that seeks to inspire growth through scriptural education, faith-based fellowship, and relationship-based mission with the hopes of leading hearts and minds to the love of Jesus Christ, in an open, loving community. We dig deep roots into God’s love and share it through our core values of learning, sharing, and serving. We are seeking team members to match our community’s drive, ambition, and desire to live into our core values.
The Director of Contemporary Worship will be responsible for coordinating the praise team and ensuring an environment that promotes authentic worship, congregational participation, and growing relationships with God and each other. The holder of this position will:
· Lead, schedule, and organize the contemporary worship band and vocalists.
· Oversee and lead all paid musical staff.
· Create a culture of participation and celebration in the contemporary worship community.
· Curate experiences and moments within worship that help people encounter God.
· Engage and inspire musically inclined persons to join the praise band.
· Connect with the congregation via social media, conversation, or otherwise to build relationships and assess needs/passions of congregation with regards to worship.
· Communicate regularly with the Senior Pastor, Director of Communications, Media Volunteers, and Praise Band to ensure cohesion and relevance.
· Work as part of the Worship Team on monthly basis to ensure excellence.
· Passion for leading people to a transformational experience with the living Christ and an understanding of how to inspire people to sing and engage in worship.
· Competent vocalist.
· Guitar is preferred but not required.
· Methodist background or understanding of Methodist faith is preferred but not required
· Organizational ability.
· Knowledge of Planning Center Online.
· Works well as part of a team
· Relationally competent
Job Hours and Compensation
Compensation will be based on experience. Part-time.
How to Apply
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to David Lessner, Senior Pastor, at email@example.com. Also include a 5-minute video showcasing your worship leading and musical abilities.
Denomination: United Methodist
Worship Style: Blended Contemporary
Education Required: High School or Above
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Salary: Commiserate with Experience and Hours
Pay to Relocate?: Negotiable
Job Status: Start Date is Jan. 1, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org